*** WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT ***
* Heavy snow is possible. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are possible, with 1 to 2 feet over the higher terrain. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
* Elevations above roughly 1200 feet in portions of Josephine, Curry, eastern Coos, and southwestern Douglas counties, including Interstate 5 between Grants Pass and Canyonville, Highway 199 in the Illinois Valley, and Highway 42 at Camas Mountain.
* IMPACTS…Travel could become very difficult to impossible.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS: Stock emergency kit with tire chains, flashlight, batteries, blankets, food, water, and medications.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.